Youth Ministry at Home Lesson
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." - Matthew 5:9
“It is not an easy journey to get a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.” -Tyler Perry
Some questions to consider:
- What are some low-key ways that people try to get payback?
- What are some reasons why we would rather have payback?
- What are some ways we justify payback?
- How can payback hurt others? How can payback hurt us?
- Why can pursuing peace, instead of trying to get payback, be difficult?
- Describe a time when someone else pursued peace with you instead of payback? What did they do?
- Read Matthew 5:9, What do you think it means to be a peacemaker?
- What’s the difference between pursuing peace and forgiving someone? What’s the difference between pursuing peace and becoming friends again?
- What are some steps you can take to pursue peace? Some examples of steps. choosing to not pay back, refusing to gossip, making time to have a difficult conversation, asking for forgiveness, acknowledge the hurt?