Faith @ Home
Stay tuned this week to see more ideas of how we can encourage one another in our faith journey during this period of social distancing!
Youth Ministry at Home Lesson
"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down a the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition form sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." - Hebrews 12:1-3
Like Florence, we can lose heart because of the fog of life's circumstances. We can't see the purpose, the end, the goal, and the reason to keep going , and we are tempted to give up.
Some questions to consider:
- Why did Florence stop swimming with such little distance left to go?
- What is some of the fog that has rolled into your life that hinders you from staying on course?
- According to Hebrews 12:1-2, what are we told to throw off? What does that look like for you?
- With the help of the Holy Spirit, we are called to keep our eyes fixed on Christ. What is one way you can try to do that this week?
- Without being physically surrounded by witnesses during this time of "safe at home" measures, how can you find support for your faith journey?
2020 Youth Mission Team Information
We have received communications notifying us that Group WorkCamp has suspended all trips for the summer. That being said, we will not be making a trip to Rochester to serve in July. We pray that we will be able to serve locally in some way as restrictions are eased, but will not know specific details for some time. Thank you for your patience as we figure out exactly what this summer looks like.