Faith @ Home
We are here to support you as you lead your child in their faith development!
Each week we will post materials to be used along with Immanuel's Livestream worship for your family worship times.
Consider the following suggestions for family worship:
- Select a time that works for your family. Intentionally set aside time for your family to worship, but make sure it fits your schedule. (All of our materials will be available for a full week before being changed.)
- Strive for regular, not perfect! Don't expect this time to be free from distractions. Instead, focus on the meaningful message, while having fun together as a familiy!
Sent Ancestors: Noah
"Then God said to Noah, 'Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives. Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you - the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground - so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number upon it.'" - Genesis 8:15-17
Would You Believe Me?
Materials Needed: Oranges, A Sheet of Paper, A Scissors
Ask your family: Would you believe me if I promised to give you a snack that has never been touched by human hands? Who would believe a promise like that?
- Give each child an orange and ask them to peel them.
Ask your family: Who put the snack inside that outer peeling? (God did through the orange tree...) Has anyone touched the orange slices before you? Are you sure? So did I keep my promise?
Then ask your family: Would you believe me if I promised that I could fit your entire body through the middle of this sheet of paper? (Use the picture & instructions below to make this promise happen.)
- After cutting the paper, hold it so that your children can move through the middle.
Ask your family: When I first made the promises, did you believe me 100%? Why? When you saw I kept my first promise did it make it easier to believe my second? When people make promises, how do you decide whether or not to believe them?
Today's Bible story reminds us of the fact that God keeps his promises and we should too!
Things to consider with your family:
Read Genesis 7
- Why do you think Noah obeyed God and built the ark?
- Why do you think Noah kept building even when his neighbors made fun of him?
- What promises did God keep in this story?
- How do you feel about people who keep their promises?
- Why is it important for Christians to keep their promises?
As Christians, we want to show people what God is like. When people learn that they can believe our promises, then someday they may see they can trust God - because God always keeps his promises.
Promise Dove Craft
Materials Needed: Printed copies of the promise Doves, Scissors, Rainbow colored ribbons or strips of paper, tape, & glue stick.
Make a reminder of God's promises made to Noah.
- Hand out copies of the promise dove and have children cut out the doves, making sure to keep them connected at the tail. (PDF for printing can be found by clicking on the dove picture below.)
- Cut 6-inch pieces of ribbon (or paper) in rainbow colors.
- Tape the ribbons or paper strips to the inside of one dove, so they fall from the bottom of the dove.
- Rub glue stick along the outer edge of the doves and press the two halves together.
Thank You, Lord, for keeping your promises. Help us trust you the way Noah did. And help us make wise promises and keep them. In Jesus' name, amen.
Soundtrack for your week:
Enjoy some music on this week's Promises of God Playlist.
Children's Worship Bulletin
Use the bulletin below with your children when you join us in worship on Livestream or Facebook Live.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Vacation Bible School At Home
July 6th - August 3rd, 2020
Due to the ongoing desire for safety of all in light of the Corona Virus, we will be transitioning our Vacation Bible School program for the summer to an online format with physical materials coming to your home and video lessons each week. Rather than five days in a row, this summer's program will take place on a weekly basis, with new material being posted each Monday. We hope you will join us!
Please keep your eyes open for more details and registration information coming soon!