Faith @ Home
We are here to support you as you lead your child in their faith development!
Each week we will post materials to be used along with Immanuel's Livestream worship for your family worship times.
Consider the following suggestions for family worship:
- Select a time that works for your family. Intentionally set aside time for your family to worship, but make sure it fits your schedule. (All of our materials will be available for a full week before being changed.)
- Strive for regular, not perfect! Don't expect this time to be free from distractions. Instead, focus on the meaningful message, while having fun together as a familiy!
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - this is not from yourselves, it is a gift from God - not by works, so that no one can boast.” - Ephesians 2:8-9
Martin Luther and the Reformation
Things to consider with your family:
- Martin made a promise to God in the middle of a storm. When have you made a promise? Who has made promises to you?
- Many people liked what Martin said about God's grace, but some thought it was dangerous. Do you think Martin’s ideas about God were dangerous? What other words might you use to describe his beliefs?
- Martin had to appear before the Pope. He was standing in front of the most powerful person in the land. He had to be brave. What helps you be brave? When have you felt brave?
- When Martin was in trouble, his friends helped to take care of him. Who are your friends? How do good friends help keep you safe?
- Martin wrote the words to a song called “A Mighty Fortress is Our God”. Do you think he thought of that while he was at Castle Wartburg?
- Martin helped many people understand the Bible better. Who helps you understand what you read or hear in the Bible? Do you have a favorite part of the Bible story?
- What surprised you about today’s story?
- What’s one thing you learned about Martin Luther?
- How might God use you and your gifts to help people know about God’s love?
Prayer: "“God, thank you for being so close to us. For loving us so deeply. Thank you for giving us people like Martin Luther who helped us know you a little better. Help us to share your love with others, just like Martin Luther did. Amen."
Soundrack for your week:
Enjoy some Reformation songs with this week's playlist.
Children's Worship Bulletin
Use the bulletin below with your children when you join us in worship on Livestream or Facebook Live.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Vacation Bible School At Home
July 6th - August 3rd, 2020
Due to the ongoing desire for safety of all in light of the Corona Virus, we will be transitioning our Vacation Bible School program for the summer to an online format with physical materials coming to your home and video lessons each week. Rather than five days in a row, this summer's program will take place on a weekly basis, with new material being posted each Monday. We hope you will join us!
Please keep your eyes open for more details and registration information coming soon!