Faith @ Home
We are here to support you as you lead your child in their faith development!
Consider the following suggestions for family worship:
- Select a time that works for your family. Intentionally set aside time for your family to worship, but make sure it fits your schedule. (All of our materials will be available for a full week before being changed.)
- Strive for regular, not perfect! Don't expect this time to be free from distractions. Instead, focus on the meaningful message, while having fun together as a familiy!
The Good Shepherd
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.”
- John 10:14-16
Things to consider with your family:
Read John 10:11-18
- I wonder why Jesus picked the image of a shepherd to describe himself. What do you think?
- I wonder what the disciples thought about Jesus calling himself a "Shepherd" instead of a teacher. How do you think the disciples felt about that?
- I wonder where Jesus speaks to us today? Where can you listen for his voice this week?
The Good Shepherd Family Craft
Jesus calls himself the Good Shepherd. Today we are reminded of that and to help us remember we are sheep who hear his voice, make some sheep of your own.
You will need:
- A Paper Plate
- Cotton Balls
- Printed Copies of the Sheep Printable
- Black construction paper or paper colored with a black marker.
- Glue or Glue Stick
- Glue cotton balls to cover the paper plate.
- Color and cut-out sheep's heads from the printable.
- Glue the cut-out sheep's head in the center of the paper plate.
- Add cotton balls to the sheep's head.
- Cut strips of black paper for sheep's legs and glue to the back of the bottom of the plate.
Dear God, thank you for the Bible and its truth. Thank you for calling us by name and giving us blessings - especially salvation through your death and resurrection. Help us to recognize your voice and follow you more closely, every day of our lives. Amen!
Soundtrack for your week:
Enjoy some music on this week's Good Shepherd Playlist.
Children's Worship Bulletin
Use the bulletin below with your children when you join us in worship on Livestream or Facebook Live.