VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
June 7-11, 2021 | 9am-11:30am
Keep Your Eyes open for information about registration for VBS 2021 coming out very soon!
Registration for Immanuel Church Members & School Families will begin April 14. Registration for our community at large will begin April 28.
Faith @ Home
We are here to support you as you lead your child in their faith development!
Each week we will post materials to be used along with Immanuel's Livestream worship for your family worship times.
Consider the following suggestions for family worship:
- Select a time that works for your family. Intentionally set aside time for your family to worship, but make sure it fits your schedule. (All of our materials will be available for a full week before being changed.)
- Strive for regular, not perfect! Don't expect this time to be free from distractions. Instead, focus on the meaningful message, while having fun together as a familiy!
From Fear to Peace
"Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, 'Peace be with you.'”
- John 20:19
Things to consider with your family:
Read John 20:19-23
- I wonder what the disciples thought when Jesus first appeared to them in the locked room. What do you think?
- I wonder why Jesus' first words to the disciples were, "Peace be with you." How do you think the disciples felt when he showed up?
- I wonder where Jesus shows up in our lives today? Where have you seen him show up this past week?
Hands of Peace
When Jesus appears to the disciples he says, "Peace be with you." and then instructs them to touch the places where the nails were in his hands - reassuring them it was really him. Use this craft to reinforce the point that Jesus will show up when we need him to bring peace in our lives.
- Fold a piece of paper in half.
- Trace your child's hand on the paper, making sure their hand is positioned toward the top of the page, and their thumb is touching the folded edge of the paper.
- Cut out their hand, making sure to leave the thumbs attached and space on the bottom to write the Bible verse.
- After cutting out the hands, unfold the paper and add two small, cut out, hearts to the palms of each hand.
- Choose which words of Jesus you'd like to write on the bottom. "Peace be with you." - John 20:19 or "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." - John 20:29.
Dear God, thank you for the peace you bring to our lives, especially in fear-filled times. Help us to know you bring us peace and are with us, just as the disciples did when you appeared to them in the upper room. In Jesus' name, amen.
Soundtrack for your week:
Enjoy some music on this week's Palm Sunday Worship Playlist.
Children's Worship Bulletin
Use the bulletin below with your children when you join us in worship on Livestream or Facebook Live.