Welcome to Week 4
Watch this video first!
This is our opening video each week where we will introduce new songs, the lessons for the week, and some different challenges for you to try!
This week look for things around us that remind us of new life in Jesus!
Immanuel's VBS Facebook Group
Share what you're doing this week! We'd love to see photos & videos of your VBS fun, and you can share your God Sightings in this group too. It is a private group, so use the link below to request access then start posting!
Friends with GOD
This week we are discovering amazing things about Jesus' power and how Jesus' power lets us live forever!
Begin by reading through the "Friends with God" activity on page 28 of your Tracking with Jesus book and drawing a friendship bracelet in the book or on your own piece of paper.
Then, as a family, read the story about Jesus' gift of Everlasting Life (p.29-38) in your Tracking with Jesus book.
Celebrate God's Creations
The Bible tells us that God gave you bodies, bones, brains, and blood! God made you in his very own image! Wow! God made us - to live with him forever! This is God's best plan, that we are friends and connected to him.
Separate From God
We sometimes believe that we can do enough on our own to make God love us and be our friend. That lie separates us from God. Sin - wrong choices we make - tear us apart from God. It rips our friendship with him and makes us mess. It's not what God wants, so he gave up something precious to fix this big problem!
Tell About Jesus
God sent his very own Son, Jesus, to live on earth. He did many miraculous things, but the best, most wonderful, and most powerful thing he ever did - he did for every one of you! He died on the cross to take away our sins and then he rose again so we could be with him forever in heaven.
Play the Song "The Old Rugged Cross" (Track 9)
Close by praying, "God, thank you for sending your son Jesus to die on the cross to take away our sins, and thank you for raising him back to life on the third day, so we too can live again with you forever in Heaven! Thank you for giving us the gift of forgiveness and eternal life through our baptism and reminding us that through your power we can live forever with you. In your name, Amen.
Jesus Power Lets Us Live Forever!
- Today we met Isaac, who had a sad thing happen to him - his brother Joel died. But Isaac had a lot of hope because he knew that Joel loved Jesus and what in heaven with him. Do you know anyone who has died?
- It is sad when someone we love or know dies. But the good news - the WONDERFUL news - is that death isn't the end! Jesus power lets us live forever!
- What does the word forever mean to you?
- What do you think heaven will be like?
Questions for Preschoolers
- What do you think heaven will be like?
- What do you think you will like about it?
- The Bible reminds us that Jesus' power lets us live forever!
Explore the Bible
Romans 8:11- "The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you."
What a great verse! The Spirit of God lives in us and will work in our hearts to give us life forever with Jesus in heaven! With Jesus' power we can be sure that we will live forever in heaven, just like Isaac did!
Try This At Home
- Show your Perpetual Paper to a friend or family member.
- Demonstrate how the story in the Perpetual Paper goes on and on.
- Jesus' love and power go on and on too! And we can be a part of his story!
- Remember Romans 8:11, "The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you."
- Jesus loves YOU! And because of his power, you can live with him forever!
Game 1 - Cross the Divide
A medium sized ball that is easy to catch and toss.
- Form pairs of family members and give each pair a ball.
- Pretend you are standing on opposite sides of a mountain divide (in the Rocky Mountains) and have you get a train (the ball) across the divide.
- Toss the ball back and forth to each other, and take a step back each time you successfully toss and catch. Do this over and over until you can't get the ball to one another anymore.
Wrap Up Questions
- What happened in the game as the gap grew bigger?
- What was it like to reach your limit for getting the ball across successfully?
This game reminds us that sin puts an impossible divide between us and God. But nothing is impossible for Jesus! Jesus made a way for all our sins to be forgiven so the divide between us and God goes away, forever! Jesus' Power lets us live forever!
Game 2 - Forever Obstacle Course
Various indoor or outdoor items that can be assembled into a circular obstacle course for your family.
- Set up various challenges for an obstacle course that runs in a circle (cross a bridge, go over a mountain, make a delivery, go through a dark tunnel, cross a river).
- Have family members go through the obstacle course, encouraging them to keep going over and over...
This obstacle course was special. You never got to the end because there was no end! We could have kept going forever! Forever is a time that never ends. We can be thankful that, Jesus' Power lets us live forever in heaven!
Honey wheat pretzel twists & frosting
- Take two pretzels at a time.
- Use the frosting to connect the two pretzels in the middle to form an "X".
Bible Point Reminder
Our snack today looks like a train track sign called a crossbuck that reminds people to stop before crossing a track. But when they are turned the other way, they look like crosses that remind us of Jesus and our special Bible verse from Romans 8:11 that says, "The spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you."
Jesus power lets us live forever!