School History

Immanuel's first School Building150 Years of Christian Education & School History

Immanuel Lutheran School has operated continuously since 1863, making it one of the most fundamental establishments in the Dundee area regarding community and education. It has grown from a one teacher school to the present facility and staff. The present facilities are the result of major remodeling and expansion in 1955 and subsequent additional improvements, which include 12 classrooms, a gymnasium, a faculty work room, a resource center, a computer lab, a science lab, and provisions for duplication, storage, and maintenance.

Immanuel Lutheran School is one of over 1400 Christian Day Schools operated by congregations of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. It includes Preschool 3, Preschool 4, Kindergarten, and Grades 1-8, and its graduates are recognized by public high schools. Historically, Immanuel has been blessed with the opportunity to educate students across many generations.

 

immanuel-lutheran-history2

We’ve also earned the recognition of our community for our high standards in education and the alumni like pride our students take to heart as being part of Immanuel. Immanuel teaches all subjects and conforms to standards required for public schools while also maintaining a steadfast desire to be the very best when it comes to the education our youth receive. Historically, our school has also held true to these additional distinctive characteristics:

  • Lutheran teachers professionally trained in Synodical schools
  • Guided by a Lutheran congregation through a Ministry of Education
  • A challenging curriculum permeated by a Christian philosophy of education, including daily instruction in religion and continuous training in Christian living.

With our church and school being so closely tied together, the historic bond between the two entities is inseparable. We encourage you to check out our church history page as well to see additional photos and learn more about the history here at Immanuel. Educational and recreational programs of other congregational agencies are conducted within these facilities.